TRAVELING WITH PETS
Please send the following documents:
1. Print and fill out the form.
2. USDA Sanitary Certificate, signed and sealed by USDA Vet and signed by the pet’s vet
3. Vaccinations Certificate up to date - Rabies.
4. Fee: $30.00 (money order/Cash/Personal Check made out to Consulate of Panama).
5. Self-addressed prepaid envelope for return of documents.
Please check with your airline for further information regarding airline guidelines when you are traveling with pets.
Costs for Quarentine Services:
Veterinary inspection: $10.00
Quarantine form: $6.00
Daily feeding and care (if necessary) $3.50 per animal
NOTE: Fax the completed Quarantine for Domestic Animals form to (507) 212-9449 or (507) 238-4059 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org at the Ministry of Health in Panama. This form must be sent to the Ministry of Health authorities 3 days prior to your arrival in Panama.
Take note of the following ministry working hours in the Tocumen International Airport in Panama:
Ministry of Health: Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Ministry of Agriculture: Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm and from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
If you do not arrive in Panama during these times, please make the necessary arrangements with the above mentioned authorities.